Home Depot Building Services and Operations Foundation event for 2018 took place October 23 - 25 in Asheville, NC. EMG was proud to be a part of its army of volunteers.
Team Depot partnered with Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministry (ABCCM) to work at the ABCCM’s Veterans Restoration Quarters (VRQ), a 246 bed facility that serves formerly homeless male veterans with transitional and permanent supportive housing. ABCCM and VRQ work to provide each man with stability, personal skill building, educational and training opportunities leading to employment, and housing along with the restoration of personal dignity, faith, and strength.
EMG team members Robert Lerch, Steve McMahon, Ken Sliter, Paul Smith, and Joe Longo along with 350 other volunteers from other Home Depot Building Service and Operations vendor partners worked at the VRQ campus to complete the following tasks:
- Renovation of a donated church building that will be used to provide classroom training and counseling during the day, and will serve as an emergency shelter at night during freezing winter weather
- Renovation of the VRQ front lobby
- Construction of a 1400 ft nature trail that was washed away during spring flooding
- Assembling 6 storage sheds, 3 gazebos, and a 24’ x 8’ greenhouse building
- Landscaping and cleanup across the property
Home Depot Building Services and Operations raised $4.6 Million this year from all vendors in attendance at the event, and donates all materials and tools used on the project.
EMG was a proud participant and sponsor of Homer Buckets. The Homer Buckets include general supplies and are provided to residents. The EMG team is looking forward to future events with the Home Depot Foundation.